It is estimated that UK charities could lose over £4bn in 12 weeks due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
We are all facing not only a health crisis but also a financial crisis and unfortunately Scannappeal is being affected too. The full impact will be felt for months and years to come, but here is what we know right now:
- We have had to take advantage of the Job Retention Scheme (furlough) for three members of the team, which is nearly 50% of our workforce.
- We have cancelled events for the foreseeable future which will significantly impact our income and disappoint many people who enjoy supporting us in this way.
- Our three book shops will remain closed until it is safe to reopen.
- Hundreds of our collection pots remain within businesses that have been forced to close their doors.
- Local clubs and grant givers have refocused their attention on support for frontline services, which despite our strong connection to the NHS does not apply to Scannappeal.
- Legacy gifts will be delayed as house sales are frozen.
- Personal donations and individual fundraising has dramatically decreased as supporters rightly put family first.
Despite all of this, we remain determined to continue supporting our local hospitals. We need to secure enough funds to complete the Bucks MRI Appeal so that the second scanner at Stoke Mandeville can be installed.
We are also currently preparing to launch a new and vital public appeal. Your continued support of Scannappeal will help us ensure we are able to give the new appeal a strong financial start when the crisis eases.
For over 33 years we have been supporting our local hospitals by funding state of the art medical equipment and this continues to be our key objective. By ensuring our hospitals have the latest technology they can support our community by providing the very best possible diagnosis and care for local patients.