Join the Scannappeal Family.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Fundraising and Events Officer.
If you would like to join a hardworking and enthusiastic team, helping to make a genuine difference to the lives of people within the local community, then we would love to hear from you.
Fundraising and Events Officer
Join the Scannappeal Team – be part of an enthusiastic charity team who help to make a genuine difference to the lives of people within the local community.
Location: Amersham, Buckinghamshire
Status: Permanent – Part-time – 21-28 hours per week
(Flexibility is required to attend weekend and evening events)
Salary: £24,000-£27,000 per annum pro-rata
Closing date: Friday 7th September 2018, 5.00pm
- Benefits include 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays per annum pro-rata.
- This role will be based at Amersham Hospital.
- A car and current UK driving licence are essential.
- You will be required to move and lift items required for fundraising activities.
Scannappeal is a registered charity which raises funds for advanced medical equipment. The equipment funded either allows a step change in an existing service or provides a new service to be introduced for hospitals and community health services within the Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust. Since Scannappeal launched in 1987, over £14m has been raised for many different pieces of life saving equipment, in every department of the hospitals we support. Every 10 minutes a patient in our local area is diagnosed or treated with equipment funded by Scannappeal.
Working with the overall goal of increasing charity profile/funds the role of Fundraising and Events Officer is responsible for initiating and managing small and large scale fundraising events from start to finish. The calendar of events currently includes high profile events such as Golf Days, Balls, Film Screenings and involvement in smaller community/local events which generate income to further the charities objectives to maximise the impact we can achieve within the local community. As a member of a small team you
- Research, plan and implement a variety of events.
- Work with colleagues to develop existing and new events including preparing event plans and literature, promotion, liaison with venues, catering, entertainment, health & Safety and organising volunteer help.
- Maximise marketing, press and PR opportunities linked to events.
- Promote fundraising opportunities and events to new and existing supporters.
- Work with a large team of volunteers that support the events programme.
- Respond to donor enquiries and provide personalised information on the work of Scannappeal when requested.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven events and/or fundraising experience.
- Experience of working with a volunteer network.
- Proven experience of identifying opportunities, planning new fundraising activities, supporter development and fundraising events.
- Experience of cultivating and growing supporters through community and event programs.
- Experience of marketing fundraising activities through a range of different channels.
- Excellent IT skills (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Confident database skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Financial awareness.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proven team working skills and ability to work autonomously.
- Caring and empathetic approach.
To register your interest please email a copy of your up to date CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted w/c 10th September 2018, with interviews taking place on Wednesday 26th September 2018.