On Monday 29th February 2016 at Wycombe Hospital, Scannappeal Patron, Countess Howe DL and Chairman, William Baxter hosted a reception to thank some of the supporters of the Laser Heart Appeal.
Scannappeal are delighted to have reached the target of £250,000 for the Laser Heart Appeal to purchase four pieces of equipment to help diagnose and treat heart disease based at Wycombe Hospital.
The reception welcomed Dr Andrew Money-Kyrle, Consultant Cardiologist, having just finished an operation and still in his scrubs, Dr Money-Kyrle spoke of the difference that the equipment has made to the Cardiology Department. He was pleased to give an insight into the new equipment the Appeal is purchasing including a 3D cardiovascular ultrasound system.
Countess Howe thanked donors and supporters and confirmed the equipment will benefit 10,000 local patients, before she and William Baxter unveiled the Recognition Wall. Guests at the reception were invited to see demonstrations of key equipment including an Echocardiology Vivid 9 Scanner, emergency hand held V Scan and a Heart Works Simulator and well as seeing their names proudly placed on the Recognition Wall.
Thank You! Scannappeal would like to thank everyone who has supported the Laser Heart Appeal, including individuals, companies, trusts and NHS staff. Funds have been raised in various ways including donations, organising or taking part in events and challenges for sponsorship.
We could fill this update one hundred times over listing all the amazing supporters of the Appeal, so we shall highlight just a few…
- As well as opening their garden, Mr and Mrs Ford have organised their Strictly Dance series for 15 years.
- Our very own Elvis, Billy Gallacher, has held his tribute nights for over 25 years.
- Our thanks to the Louis Baylis Trust (Maidenhead Advertiser) who donated £1000 to the Appeal
- Councillor Mahboob Hussain has supported Scannappeal Cardiology Appeals for many years, including the Ramadam Radio Appeal alongside the local community and Wycombe District Council.
- The tremendous and continued kindness and commitment of the staff at The Rebellion Brewery whose open weekends not only grow in attendance but also in generosity.
- Thank you to the Cardiology team who have supported Scannappeal during the fundraising for their department. Raising awareness but also attending and taking part in fundraising activities.
Thank you to all!