It’s Volunteers Week meet Stephanie one of our superb volunteers.
1) How long have you volunteered for Scannappeal?
I started in 2011 but was on staff from 2013 – 2015.
2) Why did you first get involved with Scannappeal?
My mother had been volunteering for a number of years and made me aware that Scannappeal needed some younger volunteers.
3) Tell us about your role?
Mainly helping in the office – currently processing event tickets as well as other admin tasks. Also helping at events.
4) What do you like most about the role you do?
Keeping in touch with friends and having a sense of making a contribution.
5) Can you tell us about the most memorable thing that’s happened to you whilst volunteering?
Casually strolling across a Scannappeal Open Garden event chatting to David Cameron.
6) What contribution or achievement are you most proud of?
Making a major contribution to pulling off the 25 for 25 open gardens in 2012.
7) What is the best piece of advice you have ever received?
Never go to bed on an argument.
8) What might someone be surprised to know about you?
I have trophies for machine gun and pistol shooting.
9) In one sentence why should people volunteer their time to support Scannappeal?
It is a great way to meet new people and visit some interesting places whilst helping to make a difference.
10) Finally if you could invite anyone living or passed to dinner who would it be and why?
Definitely Harry Potter so that I could invite my daughter and her friend as well – the world’s biggest fans!